Neighbourhood Policing Newsletters
Partnership working coordinated under the Safer Communities Partnership has resulted in another year of crime reduction in West Berkshire.
Thames Valley Police have published year end crime figures for 2011/12 which show a 13% reduction in all crime from the previous year. This means there were 1,465 fewer crimes in West Berkshire last year.
There were reductions in nearly all crimes last year including significant reductions in:
- Dwelling Burglaries – 4.3% reduction = 25 less crimes
- Non-Dwelling Burglaries – 13.3 % reduction = 149 less crimes
- Theft of Vehicle Crime – 11.8% reduction = 22 less crimes
- Theft from Vehicle – 18.9% reduction = 175 less crimes
- Theft from the person – 18.4% reduction = 16 less crimes
- Criminal Damage – 11.2% reduction = 202 less crimes
- Violence against the person with injury – 14.8% reduction = 105 less crimes
- Violence against the person – 22.3% reduction = 482 less crimes
If you would like to be kept informed about crime trends in your neighbourhood and be provided with details of meetings and general crime prevention advice you can register for this free service on line at www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk