BPC Response to the Thatcham North East development proposal
Bucklebury Parish Council (BPC) are forming a collective parish response to West Berkshire Council (WBC) about the proposed Thatcham NE development. A BPC Working Group (WG) made up of councillors has been formed to collect and assimilate parish comments on the proposed development, write the response, and deliver to WBC by the deadline of 5th February 2021.
Parishioner involvement has and is encouraged throughout this process. Despite the restrictions of COVID, the WG has organised several public meetings to allow parishioner comments and questions to be put forward as part of the eventual response.
- A brief written summary of the proposal is available in the pdf file below.
- Briefings on the North East Thatcham development proposal and potential impact on Bucklebury, with associated parishioner questions, were held on:
· Friday 15th January at 7.00pm
· Wednesday 20th January at 8.00pm
The WG is currently working with those comments to develop BPC’s response.
- BPC's response to the proposal will be discussed at the council's Planning Meeting, which will be held on:
· Monday 25th January at 7:45pm
The meeting invite link is in the agenda available here.
Public participation is encouraged; please advise the Clerk to BPC is you plan to attend and if you wish to speak.
The WG will then collate councillor and parishioner input to produce the BPC response.
- This response will be discussed and ratified at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Parish Council on:
· Monday 1st February. Time to be confirmed. Link to be posted.
- Parishioners are encouraged to attend the meetings, and ask questions about the proposal and express their views on it. All meetings are held on Zoom, with the invites available above. For planning purposes, should you wish to attend please advise the clerk, though the invite will work without such notification.
Should you prefer, you may also email any comments and questions to the clerk at:
In parallel, please also pass any questions / comments about the proposal to WBC directly. This can be done either via the WBC website (details in the written pdf file below), via the link: http://consult.westberks.gov.uk/kse
It must be stressed that if you have any comments please pass them both to BPC and to WBC directly.
WBC have advised they will include any comments in their decision process. Consultation closes on the 5th February 2021
- Details of, and links to, the source WBC Plan documents are contained in the written brief below.
Bucklebury Parish Council want you to know that you are not on your own. If you are self-isolating and need help, here are the contact details of your parish councillors who will be
Vehicles on Bucklebury Common
Vehicles may NOT be driven by the public:
If you see any of this happening, report the incident to the Police:
Tel. 999 - life is in danger or the crime is happening now.
Tel. 101 – non-emergency crime/incident.
Use the What3Words app to identify the location.
Blacklands Copse woodland management 2018 programme
Work has begun on the 2018 Blacklands Copse harvesting programme and is due to be complete by late September 2018.
The harvester will be thinning Cpt. 8c, 8e, 9b, 10a (see map).
Please do not walk in these areas and in in the loading bay during the work period. Please take notice of (conform with) all warning & instructional signs, as Health and Safety is of paramount importance.
If you have any questions please contact
Ralph Gascoigne BSc (Hons)
Wessex Woodland Management Ltd
01488 685 007 or 07818 417 824